Internet Specific Information
Automatic Collection of Anonymous, Non-Personally Identifiable Information
When you browse this website, you do so without revealing your identity. Personal information, including email address, is not collected without your awareness. For each visitor to our website, our servers recognize the website you came from.
Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually change your browser to prevent that. Please note however that without cookies, the majority of the features within our site will not function and we will not be able to provide you services. We recommend that you take full advantage of all the features we've designed to make shopping easy and fun by leaving your cookies enabled.
Do Not Track - California Privacy Notices
Harland Clarke does not track its customers over time and across third party websites to provide targeted advertising and therefore does not respond to Do Not Track (DNT) signals.
Our website is directed at adult consumers and guests. We do not knowingly solicit data from, or market to, children under age 13. Should children access our website, we are confident that parents will not judge any of the information provided as objectionable for viewing. If you are under 18, you may use the website only with the involvement of a parent or guardian.
Harland Clarke is not responsible for the content, privacy practices or information practices employed by sites linked to or from our website, including but not limited to your financial institution's website. Please contact your financial institution for more information regarding their privacy practices or information practices utilized on their website
Information We Collect
We collect information in a few different ways: (i) information you submit or give us permission to obtain; (ii) technical information collected automatically; and (iii) information provided by our partners. Each of these ways is discussed below.
Information You Submit or Give Us Permission to Obtain
We collect information from you when you choose to provide it to us through our online or offline environments. For example, if you:
- Order our products and services, you may provide us with information such as your name, postal address, email address, bank information, payment information, what you ordered and any other information you choose to provide;
- Request support or submit an inquiry, you may provide us with information such as your name, contact information, the subject of your inquiry, message content and any other information you choose to provide;
- Sign up to receive information about our products and services, you may provide us with information such as your name, contact information, the product or service you are interested in and any other information you choose to provide;
- Respond to surveys, you may provide us with your survey responses, contact information and any other information required to complete the survey; or
We also collect information from you when you give us permission to access it. For example:
- If you access our online environments through your mobile device (for example, via a mobile app or your device's browser), you may give us access to location data.
Technical Information Collected Automatically
We may collect certain technical information about your visits to our online environments without you actively submitting such information. This information can make your use of our online environments easier and more meaningful by allowing us to provide better service, customize our online environments based on consumer preferences, compile statistics, provide you with more relevant advertisements, analyze trends and otherwise administer and improve our online environments. Some of the types of technical information collected automatically when visiting our online environments include:
- Log Data. When you use our online environments, our servers automatically record information ("log data"), including information that your browser or mobile app sends whenever you visit or use our online environments. This log data may include your Internet Protocol address, browser type and settings, the date and time of your request, how you used our online environments and cookie data;
- Device Information. In addition to log data, we may also collect information about the device you are using to access our online environments, including what type of device it is, what operating system you are using, device settings, unique device identifiers and crash data. Whether we collect some or all of this information often depends on what type of device you are using and its settings. For example, different types of information are available depending on whether you are using a Mac or a PC, or an iPhone or an Android phone. To learn more about what information your device makes available to us, please also check the policies of your device manufacturer or software provider.
Information Provided by Our Partners
Our advertising vendors and other partners may share with us the information they collect. For example:
- Our advertising vendors may share information with us regarding our ads on websites or apps where such ads run to measure and improve those ads, including information like whether clicks on ads led to purchases or a list of criteria to use in targeting ads.
- We may obtain information from our other partners, such as co-sponsors who we may occasionally partner with to run special contests or other co-branded promotions.
- We may obtain information from other commercially available sources such as data aggregators, marketing firms and public databases, to provide us with additional information about our existing consumers (this is known as "data appending"). This information may include name, demographic information, contact information, interests, and publicly-observed data, such as from social media and shopping behavior.
- We may receive information about consumers when we acquire part or all of other companies.
- We will receive information about you from your financial institution in order to fulfill your order, which may serve purposes such as verifying your identity, confirming your account information, and processing your payment.
We may also combine the information we collect through one or more of our online environments with information we collect through other online environments. We may also combine information collected through our online environments with information collected through our offline environments, as well as with information provided by our partners. We use this consolidated information to help us improve our online environments, products and services, communicate information to you, enhance our marketing and research activities and engage in any other uses described in the "How We Use the Information We Collect" section below.
Harland Clarke uses the information we collect to provide our products and services to you, improve our products and services, develop new products and services and protect ourselves and our consumers. We may also use your information to provide you order confirmation and shipment notification. Unless you ask us not to, we may also use your information to communicate with you about products, services, and promotions in the future.
Harland Clarke may provide your information to third party service providers who assist us in fulfilling your order, as well as to your financial institution for customer verification and fraud prevention purposes. All of our third party service providers are required by contract not to otherwise disclose your personal information, or use it for any purpose other than in strict accordance with our guidance and instructions. More information about the sharing of your information with third parties is found below in the When We Share Your Information & Our Relationship to Third Parties section.
If you place an order with us, the information we collect may be used to maintain your order history, provide you with access to some features of our online environments or offer you the benefits and privileges that are provided to past customers. This may include purchasing products or services, use of exclusive or personalized content or activities.
We may also use the information we collect for other legitimate business purposes, such as to:
- Send you notices and other information regarding our products and services (provided you choose to have such information sent to you);
- Respond to your inquiries or support requests;
- Invite you to participate in surveys regarding our products or services;
- Furnish and maintain our online environments; and
- Secure our networks and online environments.
We may also use the information we collect to offer you customized content, including to:
- Recognize new or past visitors to our online environments;
- Show you more relevant and meaningful advertisements;
- Better understand the interests of our consumers and visitHow We May Contact Youors to our online environments; and
- Conduct research and analyze the use of our online environments, products, services and advertisements.
Some of our applications and mobile-optimized online environments may have location-based features. To deliver these features, we may access and use location data provided by your mobile device. Location information will be collected solely to deliver the requested feature, and it will not be further retained or stored by us.
We use common tools, such as cookies and similar technologies (discussed in the "Technical Information Collected Automatically" section above), to collect information about consumers' use of our online environments for purposes of enhancing their online experience and delivering more meaningful advertisements. Like many companies, we may also utilize third party advertising vendors and other partners to collect this information.
One way in which we deliver more meaningful advertisements is through a common form of online advertising known as "retargeting" or "remarketing." Retargeting works by serving ads on one site based on consumers' online activities on a different site. To do this, Harland Clarke or our advertising vendors may use a device ID, cookie or similar technology placed by us or the advertising vendor when you visit our online environments or third party websites or apps. The placing of these cookies or other technologies on your device may enable you to be identified across multiple websites and you should consult the privacy policies of our advertising vendors to understand how they collect and use your data.
Interest Based Advertising (IBA) Enabled by Harland Clarke
Harland Clarke facilitates the collection and use of data by our customers in connection with interest-based advertising. Harland Clarke adheres to the DAA principles governing online marketing and data sharing.
Check Reorder Reminder Terms and Conditions
How We May Contact You
By selecting to opt-into this program and by providing your email address, Harland Clarke has your permission to contact you via email. For purposes of account servicing, we will send you a check reorder reminder within 9-12 months from your last order date. We may also contact you for marketing purposes with special offers and discounts.
Online Marketing Information Opt-Out
You may opt out using tools provided by the following industry groups.
- Digital Advertising Alliance (DAA): http://www.aboutads.info/choices
- Network Advertising Initiative (NAI) Web Browser: http://www.networkadvertising.org/choices
- Network Advertising Initiative (NAI) Mobile: http://www.networkadvertising.org/mobile-choices
Offline Marketing Information Opt-out
Harland Clarke honors your choice to opt out of the use of Offline Marketing Information for offline direct mail campaigns or online interest-based advertising. To process your request to opt out, we require your name, address and email address.
When We Share Your Information & Our Relationship to Third Parties
Harland Clarke may use third party companies to perform services on our behalf and at our direction (with the permission of those financial institutions with which Harland Clarke does business) to help Harland Clarke communicate with consumers or provide them with products or services. In these instances, Harland Clarke has written agreements that require the parties with whom it shares information to keep it safe and confidential and to use it only for the purposes specified.
For example, we may provide your information to third party service providers that we have engaged to assist us in maintaining good consumer relations by communicating to you relevant announcements regarding exclusive sales, company information, and to conduct consumer surveys. We may also provide your information to third party service providers who assist us in fulfilling your order, as well as to financial institutions for customer verification and fraud prevention purposes. All of our third party service providers are required by contract not to otherwise disclose your personal information. If we allow a third party vendor to have access to your personally identifying information, we will not authorize them to take it or use it for any purpose that is not consistent with this privacy statement.
- Cookies and Similar Technologies. As discussed above, we may partner with third party advertising vendors to manage our advertising on other websites and apps. Our advertising vendors may use a device ID, cookie or similar technology to collect information about your activities on our online environments to provide you retargeted ads on other websites and apps.
- Vendors and Suppliers. We have relationships with different vendors and suppliers who help us design and maintain our online environments, systems and computer security, respond to consumer inquiries, fulfill orders, analyze our data, create special promotions and engage in any other information uses described in this privacy statement.
- Co-Branding and Co-Marketing. We may partner with other companies to provide you with products, services or content on a joint or "co-branded" basis. If we offer co-branded products, services or content, you will see both our logo and the logo of the co-branded partner. To access co-branded products, services or content, you may have to provide certain requested information which may be shared with our co-branded partners. You should read the individual privacy statements of our co-branded partners, as these may differ in some respects from ours. Reading these statements will help you to make an informed decision about whether to provide your information. Remember, you can always opt-out of sharing your information with a co-branded partner by choosing not to use the product, service or content provided by us and the co-branded partner.
Finally, in certain limited circumstances, we may be called upon to release the information we collect in response to a court order, subpoena, search warrant, law or regulation. We will cooperate in responding to such requests, taking appropriate measures to ensure that the requester understands the potentially-sensitive nature of the information they may receive. We also reserve the right to cooperate with law enforcement authorities in investigating and prosecuting consumers who violate our rules or engage in behavior that is illegal or harmful to others or their property.
Your Acceptance of these Terms
If you have any questions about this privacy statement or the practices of this site, please contact us at Privacy@hchgrp.com or at the address listed below.
Chief Privacy Officer
15955 La Cantera Parkway
San Antonio, Texas 78256